As every dog lover and professional knows, grooming is an important part of dog care
Depending on the age, breed and health of the dog, grooming may be undertaken as a daily activity or less frequently. Many breeds require significantly less grooming than others, but regular grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable. It is important to note that while many dogs shed their coats, others such as poodles do not – their hair grows much like humans and therefore needs regular trimming and care.
At Tomlinsons we offer a kind and positive experience for your dog, always putting your friend first. Humanity over vanity every time.
Extremely matted dogs are welcome though it would be kinder to take off the coat and start again, it would be impossible and unkind to de matt this type of coat condition.
Our Grooming parlour can facilitate both small and large breeds of dog. We use only the latest professional equipment including an electric Hydraulic lifting table.
We use a full range of Dezyna dog and pet head shampoos and products.
There are many good reasons why regular grooming is beneficial, not only to the dog but to the owner as well.
The main reasons being:
- Decreases the chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches and other skin problems.
- Improved health and appearance of the skin and coat.
- General cleanliness of the dog.
- Forging of a closer relationship between dog and owner.
- Monitoring of the dog's health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness and/or changes in temperament (such as depression), all of which could be indicative of an illness.
When you book an appointment with us, you can expect your pampered pooch to receive;
- Bathing with a specially formulated shampoo.
- Coat conditioning.
- Full grooming to assist with the natural shedding of your dog’s coat.
- De flea shampooing available.
- Ear plucking.
- Deep coat raking/De matting.
- Eye cleaning.
- Ear cleaning.
- Nail clipping.
- Hair (coat) cut to your taste or show requirements.
- Advice for owners on coat maintenance
What our customers say
Get in touch
Discuss your dogs needs or find out more about us